January 06, 2009

More snow


Here's a picture of me out with Pacha on one of his daily walks. We often go visit the farm animals who live nearby. This is the brand new donkey who's come to live at the farm. I don't know his name yet, but he's very friendly. He seems to like Pacha.
As you can see, my face is bright red! That's because it's so cold outside. And there's the wind chill coming across the open fields.
This much snow and freezing temperatures is so unusual here in the Loiret. We are very sheltered by the fôret d'Orléans on one side and the Loire river on the other. The last time it snowed this much was exactly 10 years ago when we bought the house.
The snow is finished for this winter. I wanted to make it last a little longer.

4 comments:

Jo said...

Hi Dedene, it looks SO cold, but Pacha seems to take it in his stride. Perhaps because of his really thick fur? I cannot imagine such cold weather. We go into a decline here in South Africa when mid-winter temperatures reach -12! Thanks for a bracing post! Hugs Jo

Jeanne said...

Thanks for coming to visit!

Love your blog and plan to add to my blog roll. The French titles will make me look so sophisticated!

Sanghi said...

That looks chill.. U have a great blog.. Do visit my blog at http://www.sanghi-worldfoodtreat.blogspot.com and leave your comments

feasting-on-pixels (terrie) said...

Lovely picture of you, Dedene(even though you were freezing.)
The donkey is adorable, as is precious Pacha. Merci for the lovely post...